“We mine the future with value-creating ideas, strategies, and deals.”
-Richard Gilmore, CEO
We provide our corporate and public sector clients in the agro and biotech sectors with an integrated approach to problem-solving and a roadmap to the future. We combine research with analysis; policy and strategic planning with marketing and decision-making; and finance and investment with raising capital. GIC’s approach is to capture value with every opportunity.
The GIC Group is an international agribusiness company with partner offices in Beijing and Sao Paulo. Established in 1980, GIC Trade, Inc., dba GIC Group, offers five core services to its clients: consulting, investment advisory, carbon monetization services, food security, and food safety. Its public and private sector client base varies widely and includes strategic multinational corporations, international financial institutions, and international and nongovernmental organizations Within the framework of value chain analysis, market competitiveness assessment, and strategy development, GIC provides its clients with market research, analysis, forecasts, and strategic advisory assistance on identifying, seizing, improving, and retaining market opportunities. GIC’s notable investment advisory role includes the 2011 completion of a $10 million loan agreement with the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp. (OPIC) to Argentine Olive Ranch (AOR) based in the San Juan province. The loan is the largest amount supplied by OPIC to Argentina since the country’s financial crisis in 2001.
- Financial Services GIC offers agent services to suppliers and exporters, a service which entails origination, pricing, sales, trade financing, and delivery services. Our financial advisory capabilities span across joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, debt syndication and restructuring, and trusteeship services.
- Carbon Services We provide firms and perspective investors with comprehensive market, regulatory and risk analysis, as well as financial valuation and investment strategies, for addressing climate change regulation and carbon emissions.
- Market Consulting GIC’s consulting services center on export promotion, providing marketing, financing and agent representation services to suppliers worldwide, including CBI member countries.
- Food Safety Food quality figures importantly in all GIC’s transactions. GIC founded and manages the Global Food Safety Forum; an industry non-profit organization to advance food safety through harmonization of standards, international compliance, certification, and risk minimization operations at the plant level.
- Food Security Our food security work under USAID and White House auspices is to provide investment banking services to owners of innovative agricultural technologies and eligible counterpart partners from the private sector and non governmental organizations in feed the future countries, including 7 African countries. The investment advisory service is provided, in part, to improve competitive value chains, food production, sustainable agriculture, and income for subsistence farmers. GIC’s first successful transaction under this activity has been the licensing of a no till technology to a Ghanaian company for manufacturing and sale of the equipment in Ghana as well as other countries in West Africa.