Richard Gilmore: President/CEOView Gilmore's Wikipedia profile
Biography: Rick Gilmore, President/CEO, founded GIC Trade, Inc./GIC Group in 1980. He has a PhD in trade economics and extensive experience in policy analysis, trade, investment, and market research for agro-industries. Dr. Gilmore has served as an advisor to the US government in a variety of capacities, a member of private and public sector boards, a trustee of international companies and regulatory agencies in the US and Canada, and is an author of books and articles as well as a media commentator on global agricultural issues. Prior to founding the GIC Group, Gilmore was project director for food policies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, a Rockefeller Foundation fellow, director of food policy at the Overseas Development Council, and staff member at the Rand Corporation.
- Ph.D., International Economics/Trade, Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland, 1971, Fulbright Fellow.
- M.A., International and Development Economics, Johns Hopkins University, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Washington, DC, 1967.
- Post Graduate: Rockefeller Fellow, Visiting Fellow - Rand Corp. and Overseas Development Council.
Christopher Hansen: Director, Latin American Business DevelopmentBiography: Dr. Hansen oversees GIC’s business activities for Latin America. His duties consist of market research and analysis for GIC Consulting Services and financial analysis and investment valuation for GIC Financial Services. Mr. Hansen also manages the marketing and technical assistance components for export promotion to Latin America.
- MBA, International Finance, University of California, Berkeley.
- B.A, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley.
- Pre-Law, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
Albert A. George II: Director, Carbon ServicesBiography:Mr. George is Co-Founder of the Amazon Reforestation Project (ARP) and Founder of the GA Green Economy Summit in Georgia. He previously was Director of Education for Georgia Aquarium Inc., Management Consultant for Booz Allen Hamilton, and Research Associate for the Center for Marine Environmental Science and Biotechnology. The Amazon Reforestation Project, Inc. is a registered carbon offset project of the American Carbon Registry (ACR).
- M.S. , Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Master of Public Policy, Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government/MIT.
- P.R.E.P. Program at Yale University concentrating in physiology cellular molecular genetics
- B.S., Marine Biology and Chemistry, Savannah State University.
Juan Penaherrera: Director of Research/B2B Latin AmericaBiography: Juan serves as Special Assistant for GIC’s work on private sector investment in innovative technologies that advance global food security. His other responsibilities center on public sector contracting, product launches, marketing, and advanced research and analysis.
Mr. Penaherrera has private and public sector experience and is a specialist in value chain analysis. His current responsibilities at GIC include the coordination of all research and data services and the leadership role in launching GIC's new B2B Latin America investment service.
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
- Bachelor of International Business, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico Various coursework at universities in China, Germany, and Canada.
- M.S. , Enterprise Risk Management, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC.
- B.A., Economics, Minor in Mathematical Finance, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
- B.A., East Asian Languages and Cultures, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
- GIC website in Russian
- Master of Science, Economics, management and law, Novorossiysk State Academy, Russia.
- Executive MBA, Strategic Finance, Higher School of Finance and Management, Academy of National Economy, Moscow, Russia.
- Diploma in International Financial Reporting, BDO, Moscow , Russia.
Economist, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador.
Cesar Gonzalez: Business Development/Latin America and Specialist/Carbon ServicesBiography: Cesar Gonzalez is an international trade and finance expert. For GIC, he assessed international markets for clients, analyzed and developed financial forecasts, contacted investors to raise fund for clients, and did research in commodities and carbon markets. He has served on the permanent mission of Mexico to the WTO, where he assisted research, analysis and writing for negotiations.
Prior to his work for WTO, he worked as a market analyst for the Madrid Chamber of Commerce and IFEMA.
Jianheng Song: Financial Analyst/ GFSF Associate DirectorBiography: Jianheng Song is a risk management expert with experience in private equity and mergers and acquisitions, as well as legal procedures in China and the United States. She has also developed expertise in global economic study and has led several macroeconomics research projects. Meanwhile, she has a deep passion for public interest. She worked as a social organizer at multiple non-profit organizations and dedicated her time to the promotion of equal opportunity in education.
Aleksey Grebenyuk: Financial Analyst (Russian partner)Biography: Aleksey Grebenyuk has an Executive MBA degree in Strategic Finance from Higher School of Finance and Management (Academy of National Economy, Moscow, Russian Federation). He has published a lot of articles in top Russian finance magazines. Aleksey realized different projects in pharma retail and distribution, in transport and heavyweight industries across Russia. Worked in Novoship group (2001 - 2006), "Pharmacy Chain 36,6" group (2007), "PromSvyazBank" (2010), "Medsi" (2011) which is the leading private healthcare net in Russia. He has strong analytical skills and good communication level.
Anne Haycock Sansbury: AdministrationBiography: Ms. Sansbury serves as Administrator for The GIC Group where her responsibilities include all aspects of office management as well as project management and liaison and billing activities for public and private sector projects. She also assists with technical editing and preparation of project documents, including investment proposals and reports.
- Ph.D. Program, Psychology, University of Maryland, 1967-1969.
- B.S., Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, 1965.