Richard Gilmore: President/CEOView Gilmore's Wikipedia profile
Biography: Rick Gilmore, President/CEO, founded GIC Trade, Inc./GIC Group in 1980. He has a PhD in trade economics and extensive experience in policy analysis, trade, investment, and market research for agro-industries. Dr. Gilmore has served as a member of the Presidential Business Development Missions under late Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown's leadership. He formerly served as Senior Economist on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, where his responsibilities included drafting legislation, committee investigations, analysis and report writing concerning trade and investment issues, and U.S. foreign assistance programs. Subsequently, he was a Rockefeller Fellow and wrote and edited books and several articles. His most recent articles have been devoted to Ag biotech issues. Dr. Gilmore has also worked as a Trade Economist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Foreign Trade and Development Section. He is currently Special External Advisor to the White House/USAID for the Private Sector/Global Food Security, in addition to serving on the supervisory Board of Novoplant, an animal health biotech company and and serving as a member of the International Business Advisory Network (IBAN), NESsT, an international philanthropic, non-profit organization providing financing and financial and management services to civil society organizations.
Prior to founding the GIC Group, Gilmore was project director for food policies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, a fellow at the Rockefeller Foundation, and director of food policy at the Overseas Development Council.
- Ph.D., International Economics/Trade, Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland, 1971, Fulbright Fellow.
- M.A., International and Development Economics, Johns Hopkins University, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Washington, DC, 1967.
- Post Graduate: Rockefeller Fellow, Visiting Fellow - Rand Corp. and Overseas Development Council.
Christopher Hansen: Director, Latin American Business DevelopmentBiography:Dr. Hansen oversees GICís business activities for Latin America. His duties consist of market research and analysis for GIC Consulting Services and financial analysis and investment valuation for GIC Financial Services. Mr. Hansen also manages the marketing and technical assistance components for export promotion to Latin America.
- MBA , International Finance, University of California, Berkeley.
- B.A,, Political Science, University of California, Berkeley.
- Pre-Law, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
Albert A. George II: Director, Carbon ServicesBiography:Mr. George is Co-Founder of the Amazon Reforestation Project (ARP) and Founder of the GA Green Economy Summit in Georgia. He previously was Director of Education for Georgia Aquarium Inc., Management Consultant for Booz Allen Hamilton, and Research Associate for the Center for Marine Environmental Science and Biotechnology. The Amazon Reforestation Project, Inc. is a registered carbon offset project of the American Carbon Registry (ACR).
- M.S. , Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Master of Public Policy, Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government/MIT.
- P.R.E.P. Program at Yale University concentrating in physiology cellular molecular genetics
- B.S., Marine Biology and Chemistry, Savannah State University.
Juan Penaherrera: Senior Analyst, Special Assistant Global Food SecurityBiography: Juan serves as Special Assistant for GICís work on private sector investment in innovative technologies that advance global food security. His other responsibilities center on public sector contracting, product launches, marketing, and advanced research and analysis.
Mr. Penaherrera has private and public sector experience, most notably drawn from his work in the milk and fruit processing industries and on management projects in his native Ecuador. He brings to GIC a combination of ag econ training, management and financial analysis with a direct knowledge of the agricultural sector throughout Latin America and in developing countries.
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
- Economist, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador.
Gerald Mason: Special Assistant Global Food SecurityBiography: Gerald H. Mason, Jr. serves as a Special Assistant for GICís global food security work, dealing with private sector investment in innovative technologies. He is also tasked with responsibilities on other private and public sector investment projects and has duties centering on market research analysis for GICís consulting services and due diligence analysis for GICís Financial Services.
Mr. Mason has worked on merger and acquisition projects in the agriculture sphere along with his investment work for global food security. In addition, Mr. Mason works on a team supporting GICís trade agent services to various fruit and nut growers throughout the United States.
Mr. Mason comes to GIC with project management and leadership skills, most notably from the executive roles he served while attending Hampton.
- B.S in Economics Hampton University, Hampton, Virginia.
Aleksey Grebenyuk: Financial Analyst (Russian partner)Biography: Aleksey Grebenyuk has an Executive MBA degree in Strategic Finance from Higher School of Finance and Management (Academy of National Economy, Moscow, Russian Federation). He has published a lot of articles in top Russian finance magazines. Aleksey realized different projects in pharma retail and distribution, in transport and heavyweight industries across Russia. Worked in Novoship group (2001 - 2006), "Pharmacy Chain 36,6" group (2007), "PromSvyazBank" (2010), "Medsi" (2011) which is the leading private healthcare net in Russia. He has strong analytical skills and good communication level.
- Master of Science, Economics, management and law, Novorossiysk State Academy, Russia.
- Executive MBA, Strategic Finance, Higher School of Finance and Management, Academy of National Economy, Moscow, Russia.
- Diploma in International Financial Reporting, BDO, Moscow , Russia.
Anne Haycock Sansbury: AdministrationBiography: Ms. Sansbury serves as Administrator for The GIC Group where her responsibilities include project management, and liaison and billing activities for public and private sector projects. She also assists with technical editing and preparation of project documents, including investment proposals to the International Finance Corporation and the World Bank, and USAID reports.
- Ph.D. Program, Psychology, University of Maryland, 1967-1969.
- B.S., Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, 1965.