Employment OpportunitiesThe GIC Group provides an opportunity for every employee to be an integral part of a high-functioning team of consultants. At GIC, there is virtually unlimited room for professional growth and development, an opportunity to excel in many aspects of the consulting business. If you are a hard-working individual who loves challenges, please consider applying for a position at GIC.
There are currently no job openings at GIC.
GIC Group offers internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students during the academic year and summer session. Interns at GIC are not helpers or students. They are an integral part of the staff and work as equals with permanent staff. Thus there is serious challenge and pressure, but in the end, the sense of satisfaction and the experience are extremely worthwhile for growth and development. At the same time, permanent staff respects the recent education and technology skills of interns. We learn from each other.
We are an agribusiness-oriented company. Interns will learn the fundamentals of the food supply from animal feed to grocery products, but especially grains and oilseeds. We seek to master the major issues of agribusiness, including biofuels and energy, carbon credits, water rights, biotechnology, and food safety. In addition, interns will gain valuable insight into international investment and global consulting. Interns are expected to get involved in every area of GIC Group, from financial services to food security.
- We are a fast-paced office doing sophisticated research and analysis. Interns should be prepared for quick turnaround on projects and tasks.
- Excellent Excel, statistical and data analysis skills are a plus. Data must be portrayed through charts and graphs that best illustrate trends, causes, and prospects. Be sure to update and perfect your Excel skills.
- Located just outside Washington, D.C., GIC prides itself on its knowledge of Washington politics and Capitol Hill. Interns need to be knowledgeable about the legislative branch, and be able to research bills and congressional actions. We frequently monitor and occasionally attend hearings on the Hill.
- Excellent research skills.
- Pro-active telephone and communication skills.
- We are an internationally oriented company, so interns can often bring their special knowledge of their home countries and add to that information about target countries, especially Russia, China, Brazil, Argentina, Europe, and the Middle East.
If you are interested in an internship position, please send your resume and cover letter to Anne Sansbury at asansbury at gicgroup.com. Please limit your inquiries to August, December, and May months, directly prior to the start of the academic semester/summer session.